One of the best reasons to head out to the coast is the fresh seafood and breathtaking views. In our Coastal Exploration tour get the chance to meet the fisherman bringing the best fresh fish and seafood to your homes and restaurants. We will learn to shuck oysters, catch crab, learn about tuna fishing while walking the docks and of course try it all. One thing’s for sure, you won’t end this day hungry! In this tour we will stop at three to four of the locations listed below. Stops are based on availability of the farms and seasonality. We try to accommodate your priorities and send out the final itinerary three days prior.
STOPS MAY INCLUDE:
- Jandy Oyster Company has over fifty acres of oyster beds in Netarts Bay. Join us in their tasting room sampling some of the best fresh & smoked oysters and learning to shuck from the best.
- Learn the fascinating art of crabbing at Jetty Fishery or Kelly's Brighton Marina, learning the joys of catching, cooking and eating these succulent crabs.
- Visit Fishpeople Seafood and make a change one fish at a time. They will teach us how to connect our fish back to the fisherman themselves even teaching the proper way to filet a fish.
- Experience the future of fine food and health with a stop to Oregon Dulse to see a sustainable seaweed farms, the fastest growing protein on earth.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be paired with the different bites at each stop.
- Start Time: 10:00 am (tour lasts 5-6 hours)
- Price: $249 per person + service fee
- Includes transportation, touring of 3-4 fisheries, seafood appetizers + lunch with a gorgeous view, and beverages
- Group Size: 4+
- Transportation: Chevrolet Passenger Van Pick up location at the Sunset Transit Center Park & Ride in Beaverton or the Blue Heron Cheese Company in TIllamook. We are happy to pick up from another location; just email me for special arrangements. (Please note: groups of 11+ will require additional transportation coordination for an additional price).
- Dietary restrictions: We can accommodate vegetarians, non-alcoholic beverages, gluten-free... just let us know in advance.
- Weather: Our tours go rain or shine, so come prepared for the weather with appropriate clothing. We cancel tours if the travel conditions are treacherous and unsafe. In these instances, we will issue you a full refund and give notice.
- Cancellation: Online tours may be canceled up to 72 hours in advance for full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of start time will be issued a 50% refund.
- More questions? Visit the FAQ page.