Join us on this tour of the Tillamook Coast for a taste of incredible products in this region from cheese, oysters, and fermented beer and a chance to meet the dedicated farmers that make them. In this tour we will stop at three to four of the farms listed below. Stops are based on availability of the farms and seasonality. We try to accommodate your priorities and send out the final itinerary three days prior.
STOPS MAY INCLUDE:
- Marion Acres will take you on a guided tour to see the animals, their operation, their new marketplace and hear about sustainable farming.
- Meet with fisherman from CS Fishery on the docks of Garibaldi as they unload the fresh fish and seafood provided to local restaurants and homes through their unique distribution model.
- Schoch Dairy and Creamery will take us on a tour of the creamery, get a chance to pet the cows and see the chickens while tasting delicious cheese.
- Jandy Oyster Company has over fifty acres of oyster beds in Netarts bay. Join us in their tasting room sampling some of the best smoked oysters and learning to shuck oysters.
- Visit Nehalem River Ranch, they are a multi-species pasture raised farm committed to the highest standard of animal welfare and land stewardship. Learn about their deep respect for their animals and land as we walk the property.
- De Garde Brewery makes wild fermented beer from local ingredients, we will pair some of their amazing beers with an assortment of famous Tillamook Creamery cheeses.
- Sip tea at Oregon Coasts only tea farm, North Fork 53. Walk the gardens learning about tea production and taste the teas from the plants right before your eyes.
- Start Time: 10:00 am (tour lasts 5-6 hours)
- Price: $149 per person + service fee; includes transportation, touring of 3-4 farms, tastings, farm to table boxed lunch, and beverages (email for youth ticket pricing)
- Group Size: 4+
- Transportation Chevrolet Passenger Van: Pick up location at the Sunset Transit Center Park & Ride in Beaverton or the Blue Heron Cheese Company in TIllamook. We are happy to pick up from another location; just email me for special arrangements. (Please note: groups of 11+ will require additional transportation coordination for an additional price).
- Dietary restrictions: We can accommodate vegetarians, non-alcoholic beverages, gluten-free... just let us know in advance.
- Weather: Our tours go rain or shine, so come prepared for the weather with appropriate clothing. We cancel tours if the travel conditions are treacherous and unsafe. In these instances, we will issue you a full refund and give notice.
- Cancellation: Online tours may be canceled up to 72 hours in advance for full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of start time will be issued a 50% refund.
- More questions? Visit the FAQ page.