Join us on this tour of one of the first agricultural towns in Oregon. Head with us down to Yamhill County for a taste of incredible products in this region from Oregon's state nut, the hazelnut, to extra virgin olive oil, fresh produce and a chance to meet the dedicated farmers that make them. In this tour we will stop at three to four of the farms listed below. Stops are based on availability of the farms and seasonality. We try to accommodate your priorities and send out the final itinerary three days prior.
STOPS MAY INCLUDE:
- Get a guided tour of the Durant Oregon Olive Mill and introductory tasting of their four estate-milled extra virgin olive oils.
- Ken & June’s Hazelnuts began as a small business designed to roast, salt, and chocolate coat hazelnuts and package them in ready to eat bags for local hazelnuts lovers to enjoy. 20 years later the company has grown to a local brand name for the Oregon hazelnut industry. Take a tour of the orchards and meet Ken himself as we try an assortment of delicious hazelnuts.
- Kookoolan Farms is a regenerative farm located in Yamhill, Oregon, where they focus on raising the most natural, delicious and nutrient-dense meats for you and your family. They focus on husbandry and grazing methods that help reverse climate change.
- Koch Family Farm has acres and acres of fresh seasonal u-pick produce and berries. We will get a guided tour of the farm with the chance to pick our own delicious treats along the way.
- Start Time: 10:00 am (tour lasts 5-6 hours)
- Price: $169 per adult / $119 per child (5-18) + service fee
- Includes transportation, touring of 3-4 farms, tastings, farm-to-table lunch, and beverages
- Group Size: 4+
- Transportation Chevrolet Passenger Van: Pick up location at the Sunset Transit Center Park & Ride in Beaverton. We are happy to pick up from another location; just email me for special arrangements. (Please note: groups of 11+ will require additional transportation coordination for an additional price).
- Dietary restrictions: We can accommodate vegetarians, non-alcoholic beverages, gluten-free... just let us know in advance.
- Weather: Our tours go rain or shine, so come prepared for the weather with appropriate clothing. We cancel tours if the travel conditions are treacherous and unsafe. In these instances, we will issue you a full refund and give notice.
- Cancellation: Online tours may be canceled up to 72 hours in advance for full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of start time will be issued a 50% refund.
- More questions? Visit the FAQ page.