Join us on this tour of the Willamette Valley for a taste of incredible products in this region from cheese and fresh vegetables to olive oil, then get to meet the dedicated farmers that make them. In this tour we will stop at three to four of the farms listed below. Stops are based on availability of the farms and seasonality. We try to accommodate your priorities and send out the final itinerary three days prior.
STOPS MAY INCLUDE:
- See the art of cheese making at TMK Creamery. Learn about modern agriculture, the milking process, feeding and cow nutrition. They even make vodka to go with your cheese.
- Get a guided tour of the Durant Oregon Olive Mill and introductory tasting of their four estate-milled extra virgin olive oils.
- Marion Acres will take you on a guided tour to see the animals, their operation, their new marketplace and hear about sustainable farming.
- Visit Mt. Hope Farms, a small family farm that grows the best fruit for their amazing spreads.
- Tour a small urban sustainable working farm. Walk around The Side Yard Farm learning about and tasting the different vegetable and herbage they harvest.
- For you beer goers Crosby Hops Farm grows, sources and processes premier hop products.
- Take a vineyard tour of Natalie's Estate Winery using sustainable practices from vineyard to bottle.
- Start Time: 10:00 am (tour lasts 5-6 hours)
- Price: $249 per adult + service fee
- Includes transportation, touring of 3-4 farms, tastings, picnic lunch, and beverages
- Group Size: 4+
- Transportation Chevrolet Passenger Van: Pick up location at the Sunset Transit Center Park & Ride in Beaverton or the Blue Heron Cheese Company in TIllamook. We are happy to pick up from another location; just email me for special arrangements. (Please note: groups of 11+ will require additional transportation coordination for an additional price).
- Dietary restrictions: We can accommodate vegetarians, non-alcoholic beverages, gluten-free... just let us know in advance.
- Weather: Our tours go rain or shine, so come prepared for the weather with appropriate clothing. We cancel tours if the travel conditions are treacherous and unsafe. In these instances, we will issue you a full refund and give notice.
- Cancellation: Online tours may be canceled up to 72 hours in advance for full refund. Cancellations within 48 hours of start time will be issued a 50% refund.
- More questions? Visit the FAQ page.